JAMAICA COLLEGE GRADUATION POLICY
ACADEMIC AND BEHAVIOURAL CRITERIA
- Minimum of fifty percent (50%) average in fourth and fifth form
- All SBAs completed and submitted
- Eight (8) subjects sat in External Examination or all subjects recommended by Principal/Vice Principal(s).
- Students who withdraw from subjects in fifth form must receive written approval from the Principal/Vice Principal’s office.
- Students who sit compulsory subjects (e.g Math and/or English) in 3rd and 4th forms must attain grade 1s to receive automatic exemption from re-sitting them in 5th form.
- Must satisfy the internal examination requirements of the school including the sitting of the internal assessments in fourth and fifth forms.
- High standards of behaviour and dress
- Graduation list will be published at the end of February
FACTORS WHICH WILL AFFECT ELIGIBILITY:
- Any suspensions, especially in third, fourth and fifth forms
- Unexcused absences and/or poor attendance (minimum 95% attendance and punctuality record required)
- Recorded indiscipline and breaking of rules including dress code violation
- Outstanding material/books, monies etc. due to the school
COMMUNITY SERVICE & CO-CURRICULAR PARTICIPATION
- Mandatory thirty (30) hours of community service (recommended fifteen (15) hours in fourth form and fifteen (15) hours in fifth form).
- Consistent participation in at least one co-curricular/sport or leadership activity and attendance at school functions during 1st to 4th forms (e.g. Sports Day).
Students not eligible for graduation may appeal in writing to the Principal.