The Professor Colin McKenzie
6 th form scholarship
The Scholarship recipient will be awarded $150,000.00, which will be paid out
during the first term of the school year. The duration of the scholarship is for
one year with the possibility of renewal for the second year of 6 th form.
The student receiving the Bursary shall fulfil all of the following criteria:
i) Attended JC for at least 3 years prior to applying to 6 th form
ii) Attained a minimum of 8 CSEC subjects with grades 1 or 2.
iii) Represented the school in a recognized extracurricular
iv) Proven financial need
v) Renewal for a second year based on attainment of at least4 CAPE 1 subjects with grades 1 or 2 and continued
involvement in recognized extracurricular activities.
vi) Interview will be done for students who are short-listed.
Procedures for Selection of School Captain
1. Let prefects know they can apply for School Captain and outline the
2. Send the application form to prefects
3. After applicants have submitted their application, staff made aware of the
candidates for their input.
4. Applicants are interviewed.
5. Meet with all selected candidates to give them an overview of
expectations, their responsibilities and the campaigning guidelines.
6. Candidates can commence online campaigning, through flyers, videos and
addressing form classes during devotion time etc.(2 weeks)
7. Town Hall meeting with the entire school, each candidate given 5 minutes
to speak to students and Teachers. Q&A session
8. Voting online : Students 1 vote=1 point: Teachers 1 vote=2 points
Straight tally to decide who wins.
1 st Place – School Captain
2 nd Place- 1 st V. Captain
3 rd Place- 2 nd V. Captain
Other candidates- Senior Prefects.
Proposed Dates for 2021 Process
April 27 th : Prefects’ Meeting
May 3 rd : Submission of Applications
May 5 th : Names Circulated to teachers for input.
May 10-14 th Interviews and meeting with selected candidates.
May 17-28 th Campaigning
May 31 st Town Hall Meeting
June 2 nd Voting
June 4 th Results
Financing Tertiary Education Webinar for JC students – YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/VpM0XqHa3Cw
Old boys return to JC to share their experience – YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/TxrvANXEJTU
Yale Young Global Scholars info 1 – Read before Oct. 25 2021 so you can join the Webinar
[Message clipped] View entire message