BLUE BEAT drum ensemble
The Cultural Drummers Ensemble is geared towards cultivating a space for students to be exposed to traditional Jamaican Drum Music. This Society provides training that enables the young college men to perform at several external and internal functions.
Being a multiple Award-winning Ensemble in competitions such as the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (J.C.D.C). The core aims to always provide an avenue for students to participate in Jamaica College’s Culture of Excellence.
- The Drumming Programme is designed to expose members to Stage Craft and Performance.
- Our engagement allows students to explore the rich history of World Music and cultural retentions.
- We aim to cultivate personal awareness and promote community and cooperative skills.
Blue Beat Outreach
The Society prides itself in using Arts as advocacy. This year we partnered with Manifesto Ja. This saw our drummers giving workshops and sharing their knowledge of the art with participants. We would like to extend a big thank you to Manifesto Ja who was equally excited to see the young college men in their element. Sessions were held at the community centres and the team was invited by Manifesto JA as a part of the Manifesto series.
BOOKing THE JC BLUE BEAT drummers
We are always looking for partners to have the drummers perform. To partner with us get in touch with the principal or the
ensemble coach. See the Contact Us page for details.
- Rubis Headquarters – Staff Luncheon
- J.D.F Christmas Treat
- Rubis Inpluse Art Festival
- The National Student Council -Conference
- National Drug Abuse conference.
- U.W.I MONA Law Conference
- JPS Credit Union Customer Appreciation Day
- JC’s Achievement Day
- JC P.T.A Meetings
- Architect Association of Jamaica Evening Awards and Recognition
2018-2019-YEAR SUSPENED 10 GOLDS -2 SILVERS
2019– 2020 7 GOLDS 3 SLIVERS 1 BRONZE – 3 NATIONAL TROPHIES
HOW TO JOIN?
- Auditions are held once per year during the first term of the school.
- Students are required to fill out an application form which will be placed on this page when it is open.
All Jamaica college students are eligible to be a part of the Drumming Ensemble. They are however required to do an audition. From this audition process students will be selected to be a part of the beginners’ incubator for 8 weeks. After which your knowledge, skills and attitude will be assessed and you will be officially inducted.
We were honoured to be a part of the historic launch of the east south highway project. Representing the Jamaican Culture.
The Blue Beat Drummers were also featured in the 2019 staging of Jamaica’s National Grand Gala.