Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Jamaica College in association with Educational Revolution Group (ERG) invites you to attend the inaugural 2019 ERC Jamaica Conference: Connecting for Excellence in Education. The conference will be held on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at the Karl Hendrickson Auditorium, Jamaica College, Kingston, Jamaica.
ERG is an organization that is committed to challenging the status quo to ensure that all students have access to high quality education and infinite possibilities. The purpose of the inaugural conference is to convene educators who are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of education for all students by developing their own skills through collaboration. Come equipped to learn, share knowledge and obtain tools to lead students into the future. This conference will provide opportunities for participants to learn from and share with dynamic plenary speakers, as well as engage in meaningful dialogue with conference presenters and model institutions.
Don't Miss It! (8a.m. -5.p.m)
Share with all the educators you know
Who should attend?
- School leaders
- Curriculum Specialists
- Ministry of Education Personnel
- Connecting for Excellence in Education
- Excellence, Collaboration, Instructional Improvement
Participants will be able to…
- Identify and articulate their vision for excellence in instructional practices
- Generate next steps based on identified gap between vision and current state
- Leverage connections to develop ongoing professional learning focused on instructional excellence
- Using Restorative Circles to Strengthen Community and Amplify Student Voice
- The Data Wise Improvement Process
- Increasing Student Motivation and Engagement: The Influence of Attitude, Motivation, Interaction, and the Teacher on Literary Development
- The moral imperative of Career and Technical Education for at-risk youth
- Global Connections for Collaborative Classrooms
- Teaching to Strengths: Supporting students living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress.