Outstanding Student Achievement Programme
[Note that there slight modifications to the following during the pandemic period. Adjustments are made accordingly.]
- Subject teachers’ award for each group taught.
- Each month an award is given to the student in each class who attains the highest mark (80% and above) for the previous month.
- This award is presented at a monthly in- class ceremony.
- The student at each Grade level, with the highest overall average for the school year will be awarded.
- The student with the highest overall average for the schoolyear will receive the Principal’s award at the Achievement day.
- Students who achieve an overall average of 90% or above will receive a special award.
- High performers will be inducted into the Honour Society.
The Jamaica College Honour Society (JCHS) seeks to recognize and encourage academic achievement, promote leadership and stimulate a desire for service among its students, to fully prepare them to become world class citizens.
ADMISSION TO THE HONOUR SOCIETY
All students who have attained an average of 80% and above for three consecutive terms (the school year) are eligible for admission into the (JCHS). The society’s mandate is to:
- develop each student’s leadership potential.
- lead peers in different aspects of school life. Members will be encouraged to be actively involved and be exemplary students and positive role model for their peers.
- have members be actively involved in at least one extra-curricular activity
- host meetings every fourth Thursday of each month.
===== 2020 – 2021 High achievers and Honor Roll students =====
These students are on the Honour Roll for TERM 1 and have a chance of being admitted to the Honor Society if they maintain the average for the year. Let us congratulate them and encourage them. Job well done.